School Meal Program Application
The application for the School Meal Program is called the Application for Educational Benefits. It is usually sent to parents at the beginning of the school year. However, if you did not receive the application or did not complete it, you can apply at any time during the school year by turning in the completed application to the school office. Even if your child was enrolled in the program before, you must fill out a new application each school year. If you have children at different schools, you only need to complete one application and you may turn it in at any one of the schools.
You must fill out the entire application in order to be processed. Do not leave any questions blank. The sections of the form that need to be filled out depend on if you are applying for children with assistance numbers (MFIP, Food Support or FDPIR), for foster children or for other children. You will need to provide:
- Names of all children the application is for (all children in your household who are enrolled in school), assistance numbers (MFIP, Food Stamps or FDPIR), and regular income to children (for example, SSI).
- Names and incomes of every adult household member. You must provide how often you receive your income (for example, weekly, monthly, other). If your children have assistance numbers or are foster children, you do NOT have to give information about adults (such as names, incomes, social security numbers) in your household.
- Social Security number of an adult in your household. If an adult in your household does not have a Social Security number, then check "I don't have a Social Security number."
- A signature of an adult in your household.
Turn in your application to the school's office either through the mail or by delivering it in person. Schools are busy approving these applications at the beginning of each school year so be sure to return your application as soon as possible. It will be reviewed by school officials and your family will be contacted if your child or children are able to get free or reduced-price meals.
Click here to download the Application for Educational Benefits in English
This application is also available in eight other languages:
- Click here to download the application in Spanish.
- Click here to download the application in Hmong.
- Click here to download the application in Somali.
- Click here for other available languages.